Columbus DACA Attorneys
Proudly Offering Efficient Immigration Services
Our skilled lawyers at Brown Immigration Law understand how complex immigration matters can be. That is why we are committed to helping clients throughout the greater Columbus area apply or renew their applications for the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program. DACA is an important program that certain individuals can use to avoid deportation, however, due to various changes to the law, it can be difficult to navigate. Our compassionate and experienced legal team is here to answer your questions and address your concerns if you or a loved one need qualified guidance regarding DACA.
Get in touch with our Columbus lawyers today by calling (614) 358-5554 or contacting us online. We are prepared to put our skills and resources to work for you!
In 2012, the Obama administration created DACA to provide undocumented immigrants who arrived in the United States before the age of 16 with temporary relief from deportation. DACA also allows noncitizens who have deferred action status to apply for work permits for the duration of their deferred action. Approved deferrals are good for two-year periods and can be renewed after they expire. Undocumented individuals who meet the policy's criteria won’t be sought by the Department of Homeland Security for deportation. While DACA doesn’t grant visas or legal immigration status, it can be used to protect individuals against deportation and to obtain permission to work legally in the U.S.
What Are the Eligibility Criteria for DACA?
Individuals must meet the following criteria to be eligible to apply for DACA:
- Under the age of 31 as of June 15, 2012
- Came to the U.S. before the age of 16
- Continuously lived in the U.S. from June 15, 2007, to the present
- Entered the U.S. without inspection prior to June 15, 2012
- Were physically present in the U.S. on June 15, 2012, and at the time they requested consideration for deferred action with USCIS
- Currently enrolled in school, have graduated from high school, obtained a GED, or have been honorably discharged from the Coast Guard or armed force
- Haven’t been convicted of a felony, major misdemeanor, or more than three misdemeanors
- Do not pose a threat to national security or public safety
Schedule Your Consultation with Our Columbus DACA Lawyers
At Brown Immigration Law, we know firsthand that the serious and complex nature of the immigration process is best handled with the assistance of talented legal professionals. When you choose our firm to represent you, we will advise you about your specific situation and provide compassionate support each step of the way. We know exactly how to achieve your goals and will utilize our vast resources to secure a favorable outcome, so please give us a call today to get started on your DACA application or renewal.
To request a consultation with Brown Immigration Law in Columbus, call (614) 358-5554 or contact us online.
Our Legal Team